Sponsor – 20th Annual LA Music Awards
The Association of Artist Managers (AAM) brings together the industry’s leading music managers providing a peak body to address the issues facing managers and their artists.
The AAM works to expand the capacity for artist management in Australia through workshops, sector and skills development opportunities and advocating for and promoting the issues of music managers and their artists. Working with the IMMF the AAM aims to foster awareness for the importance of copyright for it’s economic and cultural worth and provide a network for global managers to share information and resources.
The AAM was active in working with the IMMF to create a global code of conduct for managers to work towards, ensuring best practices and protection of the rights of managers and their artists.
The AAM looks to work side by side with other organisations throughout Australia in the areas of education and mentoring, lending the experience of its members to State Music Associations, and other industry bodies in the hope that these partnerships will help strengthen the management industry in Australia for the benefit of all Australian artists.
• Lobbied to ensure internationally touring artists, and the marketing of these tours, not only includes but consistently features Australian Artists
• Lobbied to ensure Australian Music is properly represented on Australian Digital Radio through the retention of the quota system
• Lobbied to ensure best practice by NSW State Government in the licensing and regulation of Entertainment Licensors
• Work with the International Music Managers Forum to develop an acceptable universal Code Of Conduct for Music Managers
• Supplied all major Australian and Asian Music Conferences with Manager-related subject material and panellists
• Work with MIPI to ensure Artists rights
• Support CONTROL and THE SEED, a nation-wide music manager educational workshop, the Lighthouse Award in VIC, and the HIGHER GROUND program in WA
• Launched 2 mentor programs, including one for Indigenous Artist managers
• Represent managers on Music Industry and Careers Advisory Panel to ensure relevance of content for managers
• Launched a National Code of Conduct for artist managers in Australia
• Assisted with the organisation of the Music Australia National Contemporary Music Industry Roundtable, gathering key music industry decision makers to collective address issues facing the industry.
For more on membership benefits please see here or contact the AAM here.
Current Board Members:
Greg Carey (Acting Chair)
Graham Bidstrup (Acting Vice Chair)
Tom Harris (Treasurer)
Members of the AAM hold Executive and Board positions on many national and international music industry organisations such as the International Music Managers Forum (IMMF), PPCA, Support Act, The Songwriters Association and represent members and their artists on the Music Australia and the International Music Council.
The Association of Artist Managers (AAM) is the peak body representing the interests of artist managers in the Australian music industryThe AAM is an active member of the International Music Managers Forum (IMMF), comprising organisations from: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, and The United States.