Nominated for International Showcase Artist of the Year – 19th Annual LA Music Awards Toronto,Canada
Producers Choice Recipient for Rock Artist of the Year – 19th Annual LA Music Awards
Canadian ALT-Powerpop stalwarts The Sound Technicians, have a rapidly growing international fan base and between Live gigs and touring, can be found tucked away in their studios, composing and designing sound for placement in everything from radio/TV commercial jingles, films, TV (series and cartoons), to new media.
– The Techies have just completed recording new singles with UK based Producer/Engineer Dario Dendi (The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs, Coldplay, Franz Ferdinand, Stereophonics, Placebo). To be released independently, Spring 2011.
– Winner Los Angeles Music Awards: ‘Rock Artist of The Year’ (played Whisky-a-Go-Go, and The Avalon Theatre, Hollywood).
– Nominated L.A. Music Awards: ‘International Showcase Artist of the Year’
Nominated “Best Indie Rock” Toronto Indie Music Awards 2010
– Honorable Mention/Finalist Milan Italy: “Music Think Tank: International Awards”
– Licensed song “RESET” to United Entertainment & Media Ltd. UK, for airplay in retail stores across the UK and Europe
– Picked up by hit cartoon: STOKED! (Teletoon /Cartoon Network). 3+million subscribers can now hear PoBoy, Reset, and Looking at You, streaming on STOKED RADIO.
– Sound Technicians shoot rock video
at the Canadian Museum of Science and Technology
– Billboard 17th Annual World Song contest Awards Hon. Mention for “Reset” for songwriting excellence. Hat tipped to them for songwriting excellence.
– The Sound Technicians selected by Hook Music www.hookmusic.tv for commercial placement licensing representation in Canada and by Jingle Punks Inc. New York www.jinglepunks.com, for licensing representation in the USA
– Check out this killer review by Alisa Carraro, TheEpochTimes: www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/23589
– Their self titled release (available digitally from iTunes, Amazon, etc.), has been selling well and receiving considerable radio play on several North American stations.