– Winner 2013 Playdio Contest- 98KUPD
– Produced by Grammy Award winning producer Chuck Alkazian.
– Winner “Album of the Year” 2011- Phoenix Music Awards
– Nominated “Best Rock Song”- Hollywood Music in Media Awards
– Winner of the Phoenix New Times 2010 & 2011 Readers’ Poll- Best Local Band
– Winner of 2009 98KUPD Playdo Contest
– Rockstar Energy Desert Uprising- Phoenix
– Texas Rock Fest- Austin
– Sunset Strip Music Fest- Hollywood
– 98KUPD U-Fest- Phoenix
– Bike Week- Phoenix
Performed with national artists such as:
– Papa Roach
– Avenged Sevenfold
– Beth Hart and Slash
– Powerman 5000
Unapologetic in their attitude, Whiskey Six delivers the American grit missing from today’s music landscape. Celebrating the blues of the past and injecting it with a modern dose of hard rock, their songs reflect a raw, unbridled energy- it’s no surprise Whiskey Six have set themselves apart from the pack and yet, their story reads like the classic American rock act- just four guys playing the music they love.
Three weeks after forming in 2009, Whiskey Six won a contest sponsored by the fifth largest radio station in the United States- 98KUPD- launching them into the spotlight and validating what the band knew all along: hard rock needed a hero to usher in a new era.
Winning the Phoenix New Times Reader’s Poll ‘Best Local Band’ in both 2010 and 2011; Album of the Year by the Phoenix Music Awards in 2011; and nominated for the “Best Rock Song” by the Hollywood Music in Media Awards, the band soon set their sights on their first full length CD for 2013.
Produced by Chuck Alkazian (Volbeat, Saving Abel, Pop Evil, et al), “American Grit” was released in June, 2013 and the band is currently planning their first major tour for Spring, 2014. The heroes are on their way…